International Minsk AAC ConferenceMasa supported the event as technical advisor
Minsk 24 May 2021 - The 11th International Scientific and Practical Conference «Experience in the Production and Use of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete» is traditionally held biennially in Minsk. Leading researchers and experts from many countries around the world take part in the conference, making it a forward-looking platform for the exchange of knowledge and experience.
For many years, Masa GmbH has supported the conference as a main sponsor and technical advisor.
In 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organising team was forced to hold the conference in an absolutely new online format (Zoom web portal). The positive effect of this decision was that the number of participants increased, as it used to be rather difficult for some participants to come to the conference on site. The online conference, which took place on 19-20 May 2021, was attended by more than 70 representatives of companies and scientific institutions from Belarus, Russia, Bashkiria, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Estonia, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands and China.
The extensive programme included many lectures on current theoretical and practical topics:
- Trends and prospects of the industry development, analysis of the markets of neighbouring countries.
- Special features of new technical equipment and modernisation of production lines
- Innovative technical and organisational solutions, information technologies in the field of production process control
- Optimisation of aerated concrete production, application of new aggregates, materials, equipment and technologies that increase production efficiency and production quality
- Improvement of service properties of the material using chemical additives and microfibres, studies in the field of three-dimensional reinforcement
- Experience gained in the design and construction of energy-efficient residential buildings with multiple use of aerated concrete
- Expansion of the production range for fully assembled buildings.
The participants had a comprehensive exchange on the application experience of autoclaved aerated concrete in the different regions and discussed, for example, the increase in autoclaved aerated concrete quality, the optimisation of production costs, building development and ensuring the serviceability of load-bearing and enclosing structures built using autoclaved aerated concrete products. According to Dr. Ing. Nikolay P. Sazhnev, a renowned expert in the field of building science in the CIS countries, the future of the aerated concrete industry lies in the development of production and application technology of reinforced aerated concrete products for fully assembled construction. This development trend is confirmed by the experience of manufacturers and consumers who prefer cost reduction, simplification and shortening of construction projects.
Masa GmbH would like to thank the entire entire organising team for the very professional work that was required to be able to hold this conference online.
After the end of the event, all participants were given access to the video recordings of the lectures. The electronic PDF edition of the anthology "Materials of the 11th International Scientific and Practical Conference «Experience in the Production and Use of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete» (Minsk, 19-20 May 2021)" was also prepared.
The press release and the recommendations of the conference have been published at the following link: